Thursday 4 November 2021

Almost there!

     Viewed from the Church Norton spit the project gave a very different idea of what's going on and it can be seen from the photos just below how soon the break through will be made. Having spoken to one of the operatives I was told that the plan was to make the final cut at noon.





View of the West Front Road bungalows from the Church Norton spit.



Not long now, surely.

I was anxious to see the moment of breakthrough from the Pagham side so beat a hasty retreat and arrived  on Pagham spit at about a quarter to twelve expecting to see the action. 

A bitter cold north wind.  I waited but after an hour I decided enough was enough.  


I looked back from the old car park and decided it must have been deferred for a while.

 I was wrong and missed the historic moment!

Shame!!

No comments:

Post a Comment